“We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt, from Great Speeches
The Danube Peace Boat Platform can be a tool for sustainable development, inclusion, reconciliation and peace, intercultural and interfaith dialogue and understanding.
Four years ago, MEC began a strategic cooperation with our partners in Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia. The idea was to prepare and manage a permanent project in connection with the Danube River – as well as to support the creation of a new generation of young travelers with a different approach to travel. After many meetings with potential partners, MEC began its pilot Danube Peace Boat E.U.R.O.P.E. in the summer of 2015.
The Project aims to test its basic elements and investigate new possibilities for future development. This was also a sustainability test for the creative, interactive, online, and innovative Modules:
- Cultivating A New Generation of Travellers (UN WTO and Sustainable Tourism Year, 2017).
- A New Generation ready to combine tolerance, knowledge, and skills alongside cultural, historical, traditional and environmental heritage toward creative media outcomes, through vocation, education, peacebuilding and travel workshops.
- Active and permanent implementation of the UN Resolution 2250 (defined youth as persons aged 18 through 29) enables young people to participate meaningfully in peace processes and dispute resolution.
- Tracing way and methodology to motivate young generation to participate in the Global Education for Development (GDE) and to contribute to the implementation of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Traveling Classroom for Traditional, Cultural, and Natural Heritage training.
- Wakeup Interest and Motivation for Development: Responsible and Sustainable Tourism
- Inventing A Platform for the Promotion of Creative Tourism, involving Green and BioTechnologies, alternative and renewable sources of energy.
- A way to promote travel as a tool for social inclusion through cultural exchange, reconciliation and peace, intercultural, interfaith dialogue & mutual understanding.
Why Rotary, Rotaract, Interact?
“To save the world we need everyone to tell everyone”.
Message from Professor Stephen Hawking about the #GlobalGoals
In cooperation with RC Stari Becej, from Vojvodina, Serbia (RD 2483) and our friendly Rotary Network, the Media Education Centre actively includes Rotarians in the promotion of the New Models of Partnership in 21st Century with focus on the Interfaith, Intercultural, Interactive, and Inclusive Dialogue for Global Citizenship Education.
Members of the Rotary, Rotaract and Interact Clubs around the Planet are an excellent Public-Private-CSO coalition (because the members are from all sectors of global society) and for all Rotarians, the main CREDO is to promote Social, Economic, and Environmental Responsibility. We are sure that Rotary wishes to be an example for New Models of Partnership. We are promoting the Danube Peace Boat Platform as a place for exchange and recruitment for both RC networks.
At the Danube Peace Boat, our goal is to include Rotarians/Rotaractors/Interactors, Students (High School and University, future Interactors and Rotaractors) and, together with them, their professors, mentors and trainers in a new educational process of exchange experience, competences, knowledge and skills building necessary to create consensus and joint promotion for some of the important elements and activities within the CSO organization in the Danube Peace Boat Network. These may include connection with digital information, media, and peace literacy.