The Media Education Centre is founded on the 21st of December 2001 as a non-profit civil society organization. Our goal is to promote the role of the Media, Digital, Visual, Social, Peace and Information Literacy in the transition to sustainable ways of living and a global society founded on a shared ethical framework that includes respect and care for the community of life, new media-digital-augmented pedagogy, ecological integrity, universal human rights, health equity, respect for art and cultural diversity, economic justice, democracy, and a culture of peace.
In the Media Education Centre (MEC) people from different socio-cultural backgrounds works together converting and translating ideas and opinion in creative Media Language and Produce Film, Animation, Radio, Television and other Digital Media with the main goal to ADVANCE Communication, Social Change, Intercultural-Interfaith Dialogue, Social Inclusion, Gender Equality, Ecological Wisdom and Social Responsible Development. Our work promotes Global Education for Development, Vocational Education and Training, New Media Education/Pedagogy for Youth, Adults, Disabled People, Migrants, Refugees and people from other vulnerable groups. Media, Information and Peace education and literacy are a Tool support our effort to promote Communication, Cooperation and Peace and to ensure the promotion and implementation of human and children’s rights, media and information democracy, self-expression and preservation of creative, cultural, national and religious diversity.
The Media Education Centre promote:
- Cosmopolitanism, transformation, proactive community membership and the credo that people can bring about change
- Self-respect, respect for others, self-confidence, sense of identity, solidarity and respect for human life
- Collaboration, participation, responsibility, inclusivity, equality, sharing, teamwork, dialogue and open-mindedness
- Universal human rights, women’s rights, children’s rights, labour rights, rights of people with disabilities and rights of indigenous people
- Sustainability, social responsibility, environmental responsibility, concern for the environment and preservation of the planet
- Democratic and non-hierarchical dealing with complexity, contradiction, uncertainty, peaceful, non-violent and committed to social justice and equity
- Pluralism, non-discrimination, visionary attitudes and understanding of the interconnectedness
- Awareness, openness, tolerance, creativity, empathy, optimism, spirituality and understanding of the world.
The Media Education Centre is the headquarters for the World Summit on Media for Youth, Media Laboratory, Danube for Peace and Danube and Balkans PLUS International Traveling Festival. MEC is also in the Presidency of the Unity in Diversity-World Civil Society, Champion Member and HQ of the “Unity in Diversity Balkans-Danube Region-South East Europe”.
MEC is a member or partner with the United Nations Alliance for Civilization, United Nations Plural PLUS Film Festival, CICT/IFTC-UNESCO (Council International for Film, TV and Audio Video Communication of UNESCO), Coordinator of the “Building Trust in Media” and “MIL Clicks in Serbia” EU-UNESCO Projects, River//Cities Platform, International Institute for Peace through Tourism, International Clearinghouse on Children, Youth and Media, EAVI-European Association for Viewers Interests, PIO-Platform for Intercultural Europe, International Cities for Peace, UN EcoSoc, Economic and Social Council is at the heart of the United Nations system and many other international organizations.
Collaboration with Friends and Colleagues is very important for us! Their precious support has enabled us to follow international trends associated with media literacy for children and youth and informal education through multimedia. By working on projects involving children and youth from all over the world, we have, in turn, contributed towards improving global communication and cooperation.