Since 2014, Media Education Centre through Danube Peace Boat Project use film and all media to document best practices inside of schools and out – with a special emphasis on the ways that today’s gadgets and applications are used by young people to produce digital media, collaborate, and more actively engage in social and civic life:
Danube for Peace is in preparation for the Danube for Peace 2019 Conference “Youth, Film and Media Literacy and Sustainable Development” and Film for Peace Workshop will be held in Novi Sad together with Novi Sad, European Youth Capital 2019!
This is basic elements of our activities:
- Digital, Information and Media Models for Educational Revolution
- Traveling, Source for Cultural Discovery of the Danube River Region, Europe and The World
- Information Literacy Workshop for Peace, Global Education, Intercultural and Interfaith Dialogue.
- Learning about Heritage, Environment, Sustainable Development, Human Rights.
- Interactive, Innovative and Inclusive Traveling Classroom.
In cooperation with RC Stari Becej, from Vojvodina, Serbia (RD 2483) and their friendly Rotary Network Media Education Centre decided to include actively Rotarians in the Promotion of the New Models of Partnership in 21st Century with focus on the Interfaith, Intercultural, Interactive and Inclusive Dialogue and Global Citizenship/Sustainable Development Education.
Why Rotary? Members of the Rotary, Rotaract and Interact Clubs around the Planet are in close, humanitarian and excellent Public-Private-CSO Coalition (because the members are from all sectors of Society) and for Rotarians, CREDO is to promote Social, Economical and Environmental Responsibility in everything that they are doing.
We think that Rotary/Rotaract/Interact has to be an EXAMPLE for New Models of Partnership we are promoting and that the Danube for Peace Platform has to be the place for Presentation, Knowledge and Skills Exchange and Recruitment of the new influencers for both Networks: Rotary and Global Citizenship!
In the Danube for Peace 2019 our goal is to include Rotarians, Rotaractors, Interactors, Students (High School and University, 14-24 years), their Professors, Mentors, Educators and trainers in the New Educational Model we need to create agreement of common promotion of all social, educational and significant elements for permanent activities of the Private, Public and CSO Sectors related with Digital, Information, Media and Peace Literacy:
- Support and Promote Cultivation of the New Generation of Educators;
- Put in the focus of Education Traditional, Cultural and Natural Heritage of every Country;
- Wakeup Interest and Motivation for development of the Responsible and Sustainable Educational, Promotional and Advocacy Cooperation on all levels;
- Create Online Platform for Promotion of New Models of Digital Pedagogy and Education, Creative “Peacebuilding” Tourism, Green and BioTechnologies, Alternative and Renewable Sources of Energy, Life Long Learning…
- Partnership with Rotary has to be a tool for Promotion Inclusion, Reconciliation and Peace, Intercultural and Interfaith Dialogue and Understanding between all people on the Planet.
Danube for Peace Education and Training concept in combination with „Travel, Source for Cultural Discovery“ is the creative interaction of people from different cultural backgrounds willing to learn how to use truthful media languages appropriately in a way that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of different cultures. Our workshop is beginning of the Creation of the Coalition for Social Responsible Cohesion. We will continue to build strong intercultural and interfaith models for communication and cooperation for Sustainable Living, Intercultural Dialogue, and Interfaith Understanding.
During our Creative Classroom, after the Conference, with all participants, students, and teachers from many countries, we will work on:
- Giving by Teaching! Teach, Learn and Love It!
- Release the Creative Genius and
- Intelligent Leadership – how to bring out the Best in Yourself and Others, Self-Learning Strategies – how to Becoming an Autonomous Learner-Prosumer and how to produce and share Media Literacy for Digital Didactic outcome.
Why would we like to invite Rotarians/Rotaractors/Interactors to participate in the Conference “Youth, Film and Media Literacy and Sustainable Development” and Film for Peace Workshop? Because it is conceptually related to the mission of Rotary International and because will be a pleasure for all of us to dedicate one part of the Conference to Rotary, into the coordination with RC Stari Becej.
This is a place where all participants of the Danube for Peace, Conference “Youth, Film and Media Literacy and Sustainable Development” and Film for Peace Workshop will spend one day. It is Old Castel Dundjerski, close to the Becej City, a great place to visit and will be possible to ride beautiful horses:
Registration will be open soon!