We are together in the “Love my country but never sacrifice the interests of other countries” Proposal for the International Patriotic Convention Sponsored by our Friends and Partners Shaanxi Patriotic Volunteer Association, a Chinese non-governmental organization in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
MIAMSI (Mouvement International d’Apostolat des Milieux Sociaux Indépendants) is a community of Church movements that brings together people with professional, economic, social, political, and cultural responsibilities worldwide. This way, they commit themselves to the transformation of their own minds and the social structures in accordance with the Gospel, to which they refer.
What do we want?
- To build a more human and fraternal world through the promotion of human rights.
- To encourage contacts with international instances for the promotion of peace, solidarity, and justice.
- To take part in building up the universal Church, keeping in mind the diversity of cultures and socio-economic contexts.
- To promote the ecumenical and inter-religious dialogue rooted in the dignity of all people and the wholeness of creation.
How does MIAMSI work?
They are following a methodology dear to all specialized Catholic Action movements.
MIAMSI See, taking a rational and critical look at the reality that surrenders us; different cultures, lifestyles, religions, etc.
MIAMSI Judge: Taking into consideration:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The experience of believers.
- The Gospel teaching and the Word of the Church.
MIAMSI Act: By working to change our mindsets and prejudices so that in collaboration with others, we will be able to transform specific structures of society and improve the quality of life of people, through concrete and collective actions. More here: https://rebrand.ly/wye8wa3