Concept of the Danube Peace Boat 2017:Learn the Methodology to set your IDEA Aloft and to Straighten Transformation in Audience!
Since 2014, Media Education Centre through Danube Peace Boat Project use film and all media to document best practices inside of schools and out – with a special emphasis on the ways that today’s gadgets and applications are used by young people to produce digital media, collaborate, and more actively engage in social and civic life.
Danube Peace Boat E.U.R.O.P.E.
DANUBE WAVES MEDIA AND ART ACADEMY 2017
Digital, Information and Media Models for Educational Revolution
Traveling, Source for Cultural Discovery Danube River Region in Serbia, Information Literacy Workshop for Peace, Global Education, Intercultural and Interfaith Dialogue.
Learning about Heritage, Environment, Sustainable Development, Human Rights.
Interactive, Innovative and Inclusive Traveling Classroom.
DANUBE WAVES MEDIA AND ART ACADEMY 2017 will focus in the STRATEGIC AND PERMANENT CREATIVE AND EDUCATIONAL networking. This year we would like to implement all positive results from our previous projects. Danube Peace Boat involving Organizations, Schools and Institutions Primary from Danube Region but we are open for partners from Western Balkans, South East Europe and all other Countries.
Working exclusively in educational environments of all categories, Danube Waves Media and Art Academy produces lively, vibrant films and videos that celebrate best practices, great teaching, innovation, and promote pedagogical reform. Our work is designed to explain, start and nudge conversations, and advocate for the best ideas in education and learning.
During the Conference we will start all three workshop and this will be preparation time.
From 28th of July to 6th of August we will work full time on the Danube Concept Implementation
Workshop ONE: How To Pitch an Idea, New Learners for 21st Century
Hans Rosling’s famous lectures combine enormous quantities of public data with a sport’s commentator’s style to reveal the story of the world’s past, present and future development. Now he explores stats in a way he has never done before – using augmented reality animation. In this spectacular section of ‘The Joy of Stats’ he tells the story of the world in 200 countries over 200 years using 120,000 numbers – in just four minutes. Plotting life expectancy against income for every country since 1810, Hans shows how the world we live in is radically different from the world most of us imagine.
Join the Danube Peace Boat 2017. Create a better future.
Pitching, Persuasion and the Art of Storytelling
Learn how to Motivate People to Support Your Ideas. Your Presentation must change minds and inspire action you made from the perfect recipe of gripping visual elements, engrossing stories, and convincing facts. Learn how to weave all three of these together in our Workshop ONE. But what is Workshop ONE?
You’ll write your next presentation using the power of story structure, and storyboard slides using effective visual display of information.
This workshop offers insights into the basics of story content and visual design principles.
Improve your presence and impact in front of an audience. Our inside-out approach leverages your strengths and eliminates bad habits.
Harness the persuasive power of stories to create exceptional communication that transforms your audience, using your own presentation as a case study.
Turn words into pictures and into a clear visual message.
Approach to online promotion that covers everything you need to develop and deliver an effective presentation.
Pitching, Persuasion and the Art of Storytelling
Persuasion is powerful and when you do it well – it’s a win for your audience, a win for your proposal and a win for making the world a bit better, one presentation at a time.
Design learning and storytelling? I’m sure you’ve heard by now that storytelling can make learning more effective. Stories help us process and remember information. Perhaps they even touch a part of our consciousness associated with the magic and creativity of childhood.Effective storytelling is an integral part of the teaching process. Stories capture the emotional interest of the listener in a way that normal lectures would never have touched on.
And for people interested in visual presentation and filmmakers: We know that it is time to support people around the Globe to realize their dreams in short film, animation and documentary film-making and this is the first and most important step. How to Pitch and How to Produce Trailer. Danube Waves Media and Art Academy workshop will open doors of success for some young filmmakers. Youth have many stories to tell and the World is interested in hearing them and be part of it. But young filmmakers need the know-how. They need a proper training in presenting their work to interested film producers and founders. Our workshop will be a first of its kind on the Danube Peace Boat. Further information could be obtained by contacting Media Education Centre on email@example.com
Digital, Information and Media Literacy:
Mass media and media coverage
• Communicating press: giving various types of an interview.
• Unwritten rules of interviews.
• Algorithms of answering any questions.
• Composing announcements, press-releases.
• Media coverage of actions, press-conferences, briefings etc.
• Informational era and the digital revolution.
• Human as an element of the new media space.
• Chances for intercultural communications and learning resources.
• Social networks. Blogs and blogging.
• Creating content for various media formats.
• Features of writing digital texts.
• New media technologies (podcasting, infographics, animation etc.)
• Civic journalism.
• Photo and video journalism.
• Tools for obtaining fast feedback, digital data analysis and joint working on documents (Money survey, doodle, Google applications, Google analytics, Google Apps etc.)
• Using social networks for promotion of own initiatives and distribution of society relevant information.
• Crowdfunding, crowdsourcing.
• Network communication ethics.
• New forms of society control: netocracy and mediocracy.
• Informational aggression and propaganda.
• Manipulation in the media – paid articles, black PR.
• Basics of informational security.
• Critical thinking on digital communications.
• Information fakes and how to reveal them.
• Media Literacy and Information Technology Explosion!
After the Workshop Students-Participants:
• will have knowledge on media and information literacy,
• will have skills for critical analysis of information and skills in using media space for their own content with the aim to solve social and personal problems or creative self-expression,
• will be able to efficient integrate and apply gained knowledge and skills in the rapid changing information environment considering gained experience.
In particular participants will:
• Learn main principles of media production;
• Be able to analyse own media-space and consuming media more consciously;
• Be able to critically perceive information and identify propaganda, “fakes” and manipulations in media in order not to be influenced by them;
• Gain a set of skills, which will allow to analyse, evaluate and create messages in various media types, genres and formats;
• Obtain skills of content elaboration for their own websites and blogs.
If you see a cool strategy or you have a new project idea, and you’re not sure how it’s going to turn out, go for it! Test it out. Experiment. Release it in beta. It might not turn out perfect but that’s okay. Kids don’t need perfect. They need real. They need you. And over time, it’s going to become even better and more creative.
In the Danube Educational Network we want to mix the role of Teenagers (13-19 years) and empower them in terms of digital content production and usage. Nowadays, teenagers leaving in digital environment and they are not simply producers of digital content not mere consumers of it. They have to become “prosumers” (producers and consumers) and it have to be in this way that we should approach them through our innovative network.
The Danube Educational Network is aiming to become an advanced educational grass root model for all in Danube Region and wider. It aspires to become a breakthrough in terms of digital content, techniques in digital literacy aspects, make spreading of knowledge and knowhow easier and available for everyone.
Danube Peace Boat online platform will be the basic tool in our project. The Platform will offer step by step all practical and production elements for a systematic educational instructions for the process of imagination, creation and all other action undertaken by youngsters during their work in production of the digital didactic products.
Why we promote Design Learning? What is Benefit for Participants? What doing our Trainers?
• When they model creative risk-taking, they create a classroom climate and culture where students aren’t afraid to take positive risks.
• When they solicit student feedback, they are more humble and approachable. Students are more empowered while also showing the teacher more respect.
• Teaching remains fresh. They don’t fall into the zone of having it all figured out.
• They are less likely to experience imposter syndrome because they have been open about the fact that every lesson might tank. In fact, they are honest about what is not working as they push forward to improve.
• They avoid the crushing perfectionism that can lead to teacher burnout. I’ve seen so many great teachers leave the profession because they were convinced that they weren’t good enough. They would work insane hours and push themselves beyond exhaustion only to grow risk-averse in their teaching and never actually reach their full potential.
• The lessons are ultimately more creative and innovative as a result. There’s a very slow, normal, almost unnoticeable element to innovation that happens when we continually move through iterations. When teachers are “releasing to beta” they are constantly making little adjustments and testing out what’s working.
If you see a cool story or you have a new project idea, and you’re not sure how it’s going to turn out, come for it! Test it out with us. Experiment. Release it in beta. It might not turn out perfect but that’s okay. Audience don’t need perfect. They need real. They need you. And over time, it’s going to become even better and more creative. Danube Peace Boat 2017,